Connect

Follow on Pinterest subscribe Email

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First week of Summer Vacation

School went by so fast. As a mother of two pre-K kids, alone time is very rare. But when they do, I am left clueless on what to do with my free time. The first week with no school. Kids were awake between 7:30 and 8. There were days when they do wake up later than that. Those days, I am thankful for. They crawl next to us and turn on the TV to PBS Kids, while hubs and I sneak in some more zzzzz's. .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 I turned 37. And the most lovely conversation I had with my kids went:

Tor: Why are there no presents for you? 

Me: You, Iza and Daddy are my presents. Forever. I thank Jesus for you.

Then my daughter decided to work on something secretly. As I was about to enter the home office to clean the carpet:

 Iza: You can not come in mommy. You can not see what I am doing.

 As I was opening the door, before I heard her warning, I saw her wrapping something.

 Me: Ooops, sorry. I will close the door.

A few minutes later as I was chillin' on the couch in the living room. Isabella came up to me.

 Iza: Mommy close your eyes then open it when I say "open".

And there she stood in front of me with her present.
Iza: Open it mommy. 


 Me: Oh wow! Iza you are so thoughtful. Thank you very much (smooches). Did you wrap this yourself?


 Iza: Yes, I did. That's why I didn't want you to see me in the office. Do you like it? Do you mind that it's my old Hello Kitty doll? 


 Me: Oh I don't mind it at all. I love it and I love how thoughtful you are. You have a big heart.


 Iza: You need to cuddle her every night ok?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tor finished his 3rd month of wall climbing class. I love that he finally found an activity that he actually enjoys doing. He stuck with wall climbing for 3 straight months. He never missed a class and he is always excited to be in class.

Tor and Iza's last week of swimming class and on to the 2-wk swimming program.

 Iza still has another week of gymnastics then she also gets a break to concentrate on the swimming class.

We also has our first trip to the library... I know. I am not very proud of this.


... play time with sprinklers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Summer Learning Fun.

 I created a summer learning plan for the kids. A box we called learning box holds everything we need to do this summer. It has sight words bingo cards, K readiness book I bought from Sam's Club, dice, beads, buttons, etc. Our goal is to be ready for Kindergarten in the fall and to stay on top of their reading.

1 comments:

janie said...

which library did you visit? congrats on your maiden post, hehe =)

Post a Comment

I love comments.