So I am now one of them. I started collecting our toilet paper rolls for any possible crafts or DIY home decor in the future. The future is now. I had enough toilet paper rolls to make my own wreath.
I don't know how many rolls I used, nor did I know how long it took for me to do both wreaths but I know I was able to do my usual Thursday chores + gym and finished these projects before I went to pick up the kids.
Here they are:
After picking the kids up, I also tried a recipe I found on.... that's right, Pinterest.
Thanks to Chef in Training I found Baked Apple Pie Egg rolls.
Lemon juice, peeled and diced apples, flour, cinnamon and all spice.
Added brown sugar and honey.
Baked Apple Pie Egg Rolls
(T - tablespoon; t - teaspoon; C-cups)
2 apples (I used granny smith & red delicious)
half of a large lemon, juiced and seeds removed
1/3 C brown sugar (brown sugar is a personal preference)
4 T flour
2 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t all spice
1/8 t iodized salt
15 egg roll wrappers
1 egg, lightly beaten
Below is the brand of egg roll wrapper I used. It comes in a pack of 25. I usually keep this in the freezer and just defrost it in the microwave or thaw it before use.
The original recipe also had a dip but I didn't bother to make it. I am happy with the end result.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Peel and chop up apples. Add to a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and mix well to avoid apples turning brown. Add remaining filling ingredients to bowl and stir together until well combined. Allow mixture to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Lay 1 egg roll wrapper onto a clean surface or a large plate.
- Spread 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon of the filling across one side of the prepared egg roll wrapper. You do not want to over stuff these.
- Fold the sides over and brush with egg wash. Carefully roll filling tightly in the wrapper and press gently to seal.
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and coat with a thin layer of cooking spray. Repeat until all the filling and wrappers have been used.
Bake egg rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. During the last 5 minutes of cook time, pull out and roll in melted butter and then roll in cinnamon and sugar. Put back in oven for remaining 5 minutes. Serve warm.
I was able to make 15 out of this recipe.